Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Alek!

Alek is now 1 year old. I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone by. He had a fun birthday party with his aunts and uncles and grandma and grandpa. A lot has happened in his first year. He has changed so much and learned to do so many things. He is an excellent walker now, walking forwards, backwards, and in circles. He has 3 and 1/2 teeth right now and more on the way. He's been drooling a lot lately and a little bit cranky. He loves to be outside and is upset when it's time to go in. He's still not a great sleeper unless he sleeps with mom and dad (which is usually every night) and then he does pretty well. He loves to give hugs and kisses and when he wants something he leans his head towards you so you can kiss him. He loves balloons and M&M's. He usually gets a new balloon weekly and goes crazy if he sees them at the store, pointing and grunting. He has such a sweet tooth and the sound of a bag of candy sends him running towards you. You definitely can't sneak anything past him. He's being a picky eater right now and sometimes is too busy to take the time to actually eat all of his food. He loves his cousin Ryker who is only 2 months old, but Alek still tries to play with him and loves to give him kisses. He's a smiley happy boy and he has filled our lives with happiness. Happy Birthday Alek Boy! We love you.

Rafal and I got him a bath toy and a baseball tee.
Rafal sang "Happy Birthday" in Polish and I sang it in English.
Alek's favorite gift.
Getting ready to party with daddy.
The cake was homemade chocolate with chocolate cream cheese frosting.
Alek had his own cake which had M&M's all over the top. He ate most of the M&M's and a little bit of the chocolate cake.

Grandpa singing "I'm the Birthday Boy." He's a little crazy, but we love him.

4 comments:

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

Wow I can't believe that he is already a year old. We were just talking the other day at lunch saying we thought his birthday was coming up soon. He's still such a cutie! Oh and P.S. lunch would be fun. I'll have to check to see when we have first lunch again.

Gabe and Kelly said...

That came up so fast. He is such a cute little boy. The last 2 months have flown by. We need to get together again really soon, what days work best for you?

Mike and Brianna said...

LOL dad is a tard!!! That video is basically awesome!! I love my Alek boy and had so much fun at his party!!

Rachel said...

Holy cow, he's 1 already??? What a handsome little guy. I love seeing him at church - he's always so, so stinkin' happy!