
Beginning on Monday, Alek was having trouble taking his nap. I laid by him as I always do and he just rolled around the bed, playing with the pillows and pulling my hair. I was getting kind of frustrated because he was obviously tired and he doesn't usually have any trouble going down for his morning nap. After an hour of trying, he finally fell asleep. He has been teething, so usually I attribute his sporadic crankiness to that, but on Tuesday night, he cried every time I laid him down. After an hour of holding him, feeding him, and trying to lay by him, he finally went to sleep. I noticed that he had been pulling on his ears and when I tried to clean them out after his bath, he pushed my hands away, so I thought he probably had another ear infection. I took him to the doctor today and sure enough, he has his THIRD ear infection. I was just at the doctor less than a month ago and he had an ear infection then as well. They say if they have five to seven in a year, then they usually suggest tubes. My sister always had problems with her ear when she was younger and her ear drum actually ruptured. My niece ended up having tubes in her ears after many many ear infections. So, Alek may be following them. The good thing is that he has Amoxicillan which gets rid of his ear infection as well as any other infections, so he should be feeling good in a couple of days and fingers crossed this is his last ear infection.
4 comments:
He is still such a happy boy even when he doesn't feel good. I love him!
Oh, I'm so sorry. Poor little guy.
Our five kids never had an ear infection until Elijah hit age 3 months. I have no idea how we lucked out...well, yes I do, but it probably is a lot of the heredity factor and that really helps.
I hope he is feeling so much better. I sent you something and I am going to call you today. Of our
three years.... Elijah was 3 YEARS, not months. OOPS. Also, he is #5 so I managed to escape all those angst ridden nights with my kids until he had that nasty ear infection.
I couldn't believe it when you told me he had a double ear infection, because he is so happy and good when he is with us!!! I love that sweet little boy :)
Post a Comment