Sunday, October 12, 2008

SOOOO GOOD!

I have a huge sweet tooth and I love to bake. I usually make the same things over and over again. I was trying to think of something new that I could make and I found this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting and they are delicious. I made them on Saturday and I'll be surprised if there are any left by Monday. If you're looking for something new and so good, try this recipe. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
*Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, milk, and egg and mix well.
*In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
*Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
*Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
*Drop by spoonful on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10
minutes. Keep an eye on these - they burn fast.

Cream Cheese Frosting
2 8oz packages of cream cheese softened
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
*Cream the butter with the cream cheese.
*Add the vanilla.
*Add the powdered sugar slowly to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until
smooth.
*Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of your cookies and enjoy!

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

2 comments:

Raven said...

I'm going to have to try these out with the girls. They only get sweet treats when we make them b/c I never buy that stuff. If you've seen my blog, we've been on a baking cupcakes w/homemade frosting kick lately!

Rhonda said...

Girl. You have ALWAYS been a great cook. Remember that sweet potato dish you brought to Thanksgiving? Or, pecans.... hey, whatever it was, it was so good.