On Tuesday afternoon, Alek started getting a stuffy nose and a goopy eye. I was hoping that it wasn't turning into a cold, but sure enough by Tuesday night he was coughing and not feeling too well. On Wednesday morning, he woke up at 5:30 and would not go back to sleep. By now he was so stuffy that he couldn't suck on his plug, which is his favorite thing, and both of his eyes were goopy and red. That morning he took a 2 1/2 hour nap which unfortunately is not normal, so I knew he wasn't feeling well. We went to the doctor that afternoon and after waiting almost an hour finally got in. It turns out that Alek has an ear infection, his second, as well as an eye infection. The doctor was quite concerned about his eyes because there was so much redness around them. She told me that there was a slim possibility that it could turn into something more serious that could affect his optic nerve, which made me pray that it wasn't anything serious. She gave me a prescription for Amoxicillian and some eye ointment. Although Alek looked and sounded terrible, he was still in such a good mood. He played happily until bedtime and I'm happy to say slept very well in his crib. When he woke up this morning, his eyes looked so much better and he's not quite as stuffy. I'm hoping that he'll be feeling like himself in a couple of days. I do have to say that I'm lucky because even when he's sick, he's still such a good baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment