Friday, July 18, 2008

There Were Three in the Bed

Since Alek got his shots on Tuesday, he is having a difficult time sleeping in his crib at night. He has been a great sleeper at night for the last month and a half, only waking up once to eat. He goes to bed between 7:45 and 8:30 and wakes up once for a bottle usually between 2:00 and 6:00, then sleeps until 8:00 or sometimes even 9:00. Although I have to get up a couple of times to put his plug back in his mouth, I actually get a good nights rest. He slept in his crib Tuesday, but Wednesday and Thursday night he slept with mom and dad. He started out in his crib and slept a couple of hours, then woke up crying every 15 minutes. After about the third time, I gave up and put him in bed with us. He slept just fine the rest of the night. Rafal and I have a queen bed and we have plenty of room when it's just us, but when Alek joins us, even though he's small, he takes up a lot of room! Instead of sleeping vertically, he usually sleeps diagonally which requires more room. Rafal and I are both on the edge of our bed trying not to fall out and Alek is nice and comfy in the middle of the bed. Also he doesn't hold still as he sleeps, so I wake up repeatedly to check on him and to move him back to his spot. He loves to sleep on his side and when he does, he moves closer and closer to Rafal which makes Rafal move closer and closer to the edge. I'm surprised he hasn't fallen out yet! I hope this is only a short phase that he is going through because of his shots, otherwise, I am going to be a very grumpy mommy because of lack of space and sleep! I love you Alek, but please sleep in your crib tonight for mommy and daddy.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

LOVE it!

We are so excited to see you in August. Look for your invite in the mail....