Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thank Goodness for the Plug

Alek had his 4 month doctor's appointment where he had to have 4 shots, 2 in each leg. He cried for about 20 seconds and then we popped the plug in his mouth and the crying turned off immediately. I have to say that I love the plug. It's nice when they can be comforted quickly by sucking on their plug. Everything went great and he is a very healthy boy. He weighs 15 pounds and is 24 inches long. He is in the 54th percentile for weight and the 19th percentile for length. I'm not really surprised that he's on the lower end for length because I am only 5 feet 2 inches and Rafal is 5 feet 8 inches, so Alek doesn't have much of a chance of being tall. However, he has grown 5 inches since he was born. As far as head circumference, he's in the 44th percentile. This is one area that I am glad he is not in the 100th percentile. We see the doctor again when he's 6 months and I'm sure he will have gained a few more pounds with the way he eats.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Amber... this is so cute. We called the "plug" a "chewy"

How weird are we?

I have this pkg sitting ready to be mailed and now thinking Alek may have outgrown his things AGAIN.

I best get my butt in gear.

Maybe we can get to Orem and see you for real.

Courtney said...

Your son has the most adorable clothes! What a cutie. I'm glad that his shots weren't more traumatic. I love the new picture of Alek with his little monkey. He is sure growing--my husband and I love to look at his pictures because he's one of our favorite little babies!