Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Love My Bath!

Hello? Using his washrag as a phone to call Daddy.
Peek-a-Boo!

Alek is developing quite the personality. He has a bit of a temper and I have no idea where he gets it from. Rafal says it's definitely from me and if you know me well, I'm sure you'll agree. It must be the red hair. He makes it very clear what he likes and does not like. He's started throwing his body back if he's mad and throwing a little fit. Well, that doesn't work with mommy or daddy, but he still tries it at times, especially when it's time to get dressed. He would rather be naked and so it's no surprise that his favorite thing right now is to take a bath. After breakfast, I ask him where his bath is and he walks into the bathroom and holds onto the side of the tub while I start the water. He bouces up and down with excitement because he knows that he gets to play in the water. We get his lotion and clothes and everything needed and then the diaper comes off and I always say, "Who's that cute little naked boy?" He looks in the mirror and smiles, then I put him in the bath. He always gets washed first, then plays until the water is no longer warm. He sucks on the washrag or drinks out of his cup and crawls all around. Sometimes he even rolls over in the water and is always trying to stand up. He's fascinated with the lever for the shower and the drain. He usually takes a 10-15 minute bath and if he had the choice, he would stay in there all day. I have to drain all of the water before I can take him out willingly. I tried a couple of times to take him out before the water was gone and he was not happy. After that, the fun is over because he has to get dressed. Oh well, at least he gets to start his day out with a fun bath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! And he get's the temper from you sorry!

R.D.S said...

He is so cute and we all love him! He can come over and be naked with the girls because we all know that as soon as they get home they strip down to their panties and tank tops so Alek can come run around in his diaper.