Saturday, January 31, 2009

Alek's Cage





Since Alek started crawling in December, he has been into everything. He loves to get into cabinets and drawers and pull everything out. I've had to put latches on some cabinets and then reorganize some of my drawers so that he can still get into them and play, but nothing in there will hurt him. All the doors have to be shut, especially to the bathrooms since he is fascinated with the bathtub and this week with the toilet and toilet paper. He will pull himself up all the time and take off walking, which is great but I have to make sure I'm right there just in case he falls. He's very busy and some days I'm very exhausted after following him around. So, I found this "cage" that you can make into different shapes or fence off a part of a room to keep your child contained and I thought it would be perfect for Alek. My parents were so nice and bought it for us and it has been heaven. He doesn't always like to be in there playing with his toys, but at least it keeps him contained if I need to take a shower or something. He has a lot of toys in there and enough room to crawl or walk around. It's also great when I'm playing with him because he's not trying to pull himself up on the table with sharp corners or climb up the stairs. The only problem with the cage is that Alek has already tried to climb up it. I guess it's only a matter of time before he escapes, but at least for now, he can't get out and I can get something done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious

Raven said...

That totally reminds me of the Rugrats show! But it's a great idea!

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

That is quite the cage. Way better for a kid than a play pen. I just can't get over how dang cute he is. Our cruise was a lot of fun and it was SO nice to take a week off of work. This time nothing really crazy happened while I was gone and the week of inside recess was the week after I got back. My timing was a little off this year. We're sure going to miss seeing you every other week. We'll have to go out to lunch every now and then or something.