





|
We went to the doctor today for Alek's 6 month check up. The doctor said that he's a very healthy baby and is doing well. Alek weighs 17 pounds 10 ounces and is 26 1/4 inches long. He is in the 54th percentile for weight and the 45th percentile for length. Thank goodness he has grown a couple of inches since his last visit. He was only in the 19th percentile for length at his 4 month check up. The plus side to him being shorter is that his clothes will fit him longer length wise. So far he has been able to fit in his 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes for the whole time period. I hope that continues because I went a little crazy when I bought his 6-12 month wardrobe. Not only were they having great baby sales, but I was also finding really cute things. I have found that with boy clothes, when you find something cute, you have to buy it because later on there you may not be able to find anything. Some new things that Alek is doing now are rolling around mostly left, but sometimes right, then kicking his feet and moving his arms to move himself more. Grabbing everything he can reach and of course, putting it in his mouth. Eating 3 meals of solids a day and drinking countless bottles of formula. (He has a very good appetite.) Shaking his head back and forth when we ask him questions or I tell him to say "Mama" or "Tata" (Polish for Dad). Walking when we hold onto his hands. Reaching for people when we put our arms out. Talking, grunting, squealing, and laughing constantly. Sleeping really well at night, fingers crossed this continues since he just got 4 shots today. Smiling and playing all the time. I can't believe he's getting so big. It's so much fun to watch him learn and grow. Each day he surprises me with something new and it makes me LOVE being a mom! |
6 comments:
He looks like such a happy baby! Wicked cute!
I love the face he is pulling in his walker. He was such a happy boy this afternoon even with his sore leg. Poor little guy, I hope that it goes down and he feels better....mean shots, but in the end it should be worth it right?
...hey, Amber. There's that "wicked cute" comment. Hehe, I just think he is 100% ADORABLE!
Shots...a necessary evil. Dang it.
Okay, I admit, I'm creepy and found your blog. Amber Ostler had told me she thought you were having a baby. So, being a blogger too, I googled you and was pleasantly surprised to see your blog pop up. I'm sorry if that's weird. You look so good and so happy though, and your baby is adorable!
HI! HE IS SO CUTE...AND TINY!! I HAD TO BUY ZACH 12-18 MONTH PANTS YESTERDAY....HE IS SO FAT! ALEK IS DARLING!
I just want to squeeze him! I hope I can before the boys turn 18... because at that age, he might not appreciate Aunt Courtney's squeeze!
Post a Comment