We went with my family to Fiesta Days in Spanish Fork and had a great time. Alek loved riding the rides this year, but the best part was getting his face painted. After seeing his cousins Addie and Sadie with their faces painted, he wanted his painted too. He chose the ladybug just like Addie. He kept looking in the mirror at his face and even had to sleep with it on. Luckily the next morning he decided that he didn't want to be a ladybug anymore and we washed it off.
Marek is getting so big and is now starting to play. He loves to lay on the floor or in his bouncer and kick. He's also sitting in his walker and will occasionally pick up a toy. His favorite toys are his fist and his bib. He loves to pull off his bib and he is always sucking on his fist. He is talking and smiling all the time. Although he had colic at the beginning and was a little unhappy, he is now a very happy baby. He loves when his daddy talks to him in Polish. He smiles and talks right back to him. He's had thrush for the past few weeks and we are having a hard time getting rid of it completely. Hopefully after this round of medicine it will be gone.
I've started watching my nephew Ryker again and he and Alek are the best of friends. Most of the time they get along great and play nicely. We have the occasional hitting sometimes, but they are quick to say sorry and love each other better. Their favorite things to do together are play with the remote control trains, play baseball, and swing. It's nice for Alek to have someone other than me to play with each day.
Marek had his CAT SCAN last Tuesday and was so good. He couldn't eat for 6 hours before the procedure and I thought that was going to be hell, but he was as happy as could be. I think that he knew he needed to be very good that day and he did great. I was going to wake him up to give him his last feeding, but he woke up on his own and he never wakes up at that time to eat. Then he went right back to sleep and I had to wake him up again to get him ready to go. Usually after his bath he's starving, but he didn't fuss at all. We went to the hospital and they prepped him with an IV to sedate him for the scan, but said they would try it first without sedation. He held still for that minute and they were able to get a clear picture without sedating him. We were in and out within an hour. I was so nervous about the whole thing and everything turned out just fine. Marek still has his cystic lung lesion and will need surgery, but the doctor wants to wait until he's a little older, so we'll recheck it in 3 months. The good news is that he won't have to have another CAT SCAN. I'm not looking forward to the surgery because he'll be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days, but at least he'll be a little bit bigger.
I turned 30 last week! I can't believe I'm out of my 20's. I don't really feel older or look too much older except for some new little lines around my eyes, but I'm 30. Rafal said that 30 is the new 60 and teases me saying he needs to trade me in for a newer model. My 20's were great years and hopefully my 30's will be even better. Alek's been saying "Mama today's your birthday" every day for the past couple of days and when I tell him my birthday is over, he looks sad and says "Why?" I think he just likes to help blow out birthday candles and eat cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment