6 lbs 12 oz
17.5 inches
Tons of dark brown hair
He definitely looks like a "Mini Rafal"
Marek is finally here and we are so excited to welcome him into our family. We are so happy that he is a healthy baby boy and doing well. My due date was May 19th, but they decided to induce me early because my amniotic fluid had become quite low from the previous week and since Marek has a lung leision that could require surgery right after birth, they decided to induce me early. We checked into the hospital and they started the platocin at 8:30, broke my water at 9:30, and he was born at 12:22. Luckily this time I only had to push for about 20 minutes as opposed to the hour and a half I had to push with Alek. There were so many doctors and nurses in my room because we had to have the NICU team there to check Marek out right after birth. I sat there watching as everyone gathered around whispering and checking him, praying that everything was okay. His crying was definitely a welcome sound to me since I couldn't see him. After about 15 minutes, they let me finally hold him. I only got to hold him for about 3 minutes and then they took him up to the NICU to monitor him. Rafal was able to go with him and they said they would keep me posted. He was in the NICU for an hour, then brought downstairs to the nursery for his bath. Finally 3 long hours after having him I got to hold him and inspect him. After 2 chest x-rays and check ups by his pediatrician, he was cleared to come home. He is doing so well and I am so thankful that he didn't need surgery and there were no complications. We will see the pediatric surgeon in 3 weeks and decide whether surgery will be necessary then or if we can wait until he's a little bit older. I love having a new baby in the house. He's such a content baby and does not have the set of lungs on him that Alek does. He's been sleeping (mostly during the day) and eating well. Alek loves his "baby Marek" and is very helpful in giving him a bath and feeding him his bottle, but he's not as interested in him as I thought he would be. Instead Alek has been taking care of his doggy and baby, copying everything that I do with Marek. It's so cute to watch him. Rafal loves having his 2 boys and is such a great dad.
Alek does so he can wear his hair in a mohawk or combed to the side.
3 comments:
Congrats Amber! How fun to have two little boys. I'm so glad everything went well and I can't believe how much hair he has!
He is adorable...just like his brother! Congrats to the whole family and I'm glad mom and baby are doing well!
Amber! I'm so glad that everything seems to be going well with you new baby! He's beautiful!!!! Hope you are recovering well. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more updates.
Post a Comment