The whole family I'm hungry I can't put my arms down  Me, Sadie, and Mom ice skating  Nanny, me, Sadie, Mom, Dad, Addie  Nanny and Mike  Jen and Alek  Lala and Addie  Watching us ice skate is so tiring  The lights at Temple Square | My family started a new tradition a few years ago where we go to dinner, ice skating, and see the lights. The last two years, it's been my parents Christmas present to us. It's always so much fun to get together and do something to get the holiday season started. This year we went on December 7th, which was also Nanny's birthday. We ate at Texas Roadhouse, which is always delicious. Alek enjoyed the food too. He ate the entire time we were there. After dinner, we went downtown to the Gallivan Center for ice skating. Alek was bundled up so much that he couldn't even put his arms down or move, but at least he was warm. I was surprised he didn't even make a sound as a bundled him up. As long as he had his plug and his daddy, he was happy. We had so much fun ice skating. Everyone helped hold onto Addie and Sadie and I was glad that the ice rink was fairly small so it didn't take us too long to get around without falling. Nanny was the ultimate ice skater and the rest of us did okay. My dad was trying to do tricks like spin around and surprisingly he didn't fall. My mom and Addie wiped out but they were okay. Rafal held Alek and took pictures. By the end of ice skating, Addie was able to skate on her own. She had the biggest smile on her face. We went over to Starbucks and had hot chocolate and warmed up before heading over to Temple Square. The lights were amazing as always and Alek loved all the colors. It wasn't too cold and we had a really good time. I don't think Alek made a sound while we were ice skating or looking at the lights. He was having such a good time. I love spending time with my family and I'm so happy that we have traditions that bring us together.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment