Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween

This year for Halloween Alek was a witch and Marek was a mad scientist. When we first received a catalog with costumes, Alek looked through it and immediately decided on the witch costume. Every time someone asked him what he wanted to be, he would say a witch. He didn't want to be just any witch, but a mean witch with a star wand. We borrowed his cousins witch outfit that my mom made and painted his face green and he was so happy with his costume. After I painted his face green he said he didn't need a plug anymore because he was worried his green make up would come off. He loved being a witch and was mistaken for a girl a few times while we were out trick-or-treating. I just laughed. He had a great time trick-or-treating and thankfully didn't come home with too much candy. I wonder what he'll come up with next year.

Marek was a mad scientist which was perfect since his hair is always crazy and sticking up no matter how hard I try to gel it down. When I came up with the idea, his hair was much longer, but I couldn't take it anymore and he had 2 haircuts before Halloween. His hair still looked great, but the best part of his costume were his glasses. I was shocked that he kept them on the whole time. He didn't even bother with them once. Finding a white lab coat proved to be very difficult, so Rafal sewed him one out of a shirt. Good thing he knows how to sew since I have no idea. Everyone got a kick out of Marek's costume and we had a great Halloween.
Alek the "Witch"
Marek the"Mad Scientist"
Alek was convinced that Rykman wanted to be a cupcake for Halloween. After seeing a cupcake costume at Old Navy that was too small, he came to terms with the fact that Rykman was going to be Buzz instead.
Our carved pumpkins. Alek did a great job cleaning out the insides and then poking holes all over them. He loved looking at them lit. We had to bring one in the house so he could look at it all night.

No comments: